Operations Manager Role
The Operations Manager will play a key role in the overall leadership of the Raleigh St community. As the church has grown and become more complex the necessity for a key person who oversees and co-ordinates the operational aspects have become apparent. Establishing a great environment for all who participate in our church community creates harmony, unity and so that God’s kingdom work can flourish. To use the analogy from Colin Marshall and Tony Payne’s book, this role establishes a strong trellis that the vine growth of the kingdom will be able to flourish on.
We see this person as having a key strategic and networking role within the church and associated ministries. While this role will have responsibility widely across the church the goal is to utilise, develop and release existing personnel as much as possible. Raleigh St operates primarily as a community of volunteers working alongside an existing mix of full and part-time staff. This new role will enhance the existing team. While experience in finance and operations is desirable, we see the successful candidate being self-motivated, willing to learn, and be exceptional in working with a wide range of people. Although the role is not primarily pastoral the candidate must have strong and active Christian faith.
The position will need to be a minimum of 0.8 (32hrs per week) and will require regular Sunday work and some evenings.
The person will have key responsibilities in the following areas:
- Administration- Finance, Background support.
- Ministry Leader networking, support and recruiting.
- Volunteer networking, support and recruiting.
- Management of systems and procedures to support operational aspects of the organisation.
- Staff- HR, contracting, reviews (alongside pastoral staff), team management.
- Facility management and organisation. Co-ordination with our landlord Bethany Trust.
The key competences are:
- Personal values and beliefs align with those of Raleigh St.
- Proven communication skills, written and verbal.
- Self-motivated with a positive outlook and a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Proactive approach to managing multiple priorities –determine priorities, set goals, create a plan, act and measure results.
- Great organisational and time management skills.
- Able to connect with a wide range of individuals and organisations.
- Ability to empower individuals and groups within our church
- Trustworthiness and discretion with sensitive information
- An understanding of basic accounting practices (or preparedness/ability to learn).
- Be proficient with computer software e.g. Microsoft Office/Xero.
Raleigh Street Christian Centre is a CCCNZ evangelical church in Cambridge, New Zealand. The church is a good-sized community with plenty of church-based and wider community ministries. The well-established connections and reputation in the community provide a foundation for further ministry growth and development. The facility includes a 500-seat auditorium, separate chapel and numerous multi-use spaces extensively used by the church and wider community. Cambridge is a thriving and growing town with proximity to major urban centers and the coast. It has excellent facilities and schooling.
If you are interested in this role then please forward a CV and covering letter to email@example.com.